Tuesday, April 5, 2011

ANOTHER DAY IN THE LIFE OF...

Hi All:  Yesterday was gorgeous out here in CA.  Today not so much.  Due to turn cold and showery.  Two of the American Shetland Ponies left for their new home yesterday.  Pleased.  A nice, young family bought the pair of them.  Always like it when two go together.  Figure it's less stressful in a new environment if they have a friend.  Talked to the vet about Chanel and I was really down.  She's 9 months old, skinny as a rail, despite food being shoved in her face every chance I get and she's tiny (5#'s or less).  He mentioned a liver shunt or kidney disease.   We'll be going in on Wednesday for tests.  Hope she's just a weird little mini schnauzer and that there is nothing wrong with her.  She's only been in our lives for 7 months and we're just silly over her.  
Because of ponies and Chanel, did more revising than forward motion yesterday, but feel better about the book overall.  Like I finally know where I'm going.  I'd better - it's due July 1!  I warned Howard yesterday, he'd better figure on me being hell on wheels for the next three months or until the book is sent off -- whichever comes first.
I know I've whined a lot lately, but I keep thinking of that Gene Fowler quote -- "Writing is easy.  All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead."  Scary thing is he's right.
On the other hand, I can't imagine not writing.  There are dozens of stories whirling around in my brain at any one time and they are always better than the current book I'm working on.  In fact the current book was better than anything I've ever written, until I started writing it, then it became a pile of mush.  Thank God Howard is used to me fussing.   Whenever I think I've hit the wall and I'm so far down I'll never see daylight again, he'll look at me and say, "You do this every book."  I want to deny it, but he's right.  It's probably a writer thing.
And speaking of writing...I'd better go do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment