Monday, July 26, 2010

Why do Mondays follow great weekends?  Here it is nearly noon and I'm still not up to full speed.  Guess I had waay too much fun over the weekend.  On Saturday we met with friends for one of our bi-annual luncheons.  Just a group of pony friends who get together over food and no-holds-barred-natter about ponies and minis.  Of course Sunday is spent recovering from Saturday and then it's Monday aaarrgh.
Work is slow on SUSPICION BECOMES HER.  Think it's the summer heat that frying my brain and of course, Mondays are never great writing days for me.  Gillian is clearer in my mind now.  It's her soon-to-be deceased husband, Charles, who is giving me fits.  He'd needs to die, but I'm struggling to come up with a logical reason to murder him (besides the fact that he's a jerk and Luc can't be fooling around with a married woman!). Sigh.  Oh, muse, where art thou?  Ta, Shirlee

6 comments:

  1. Mmm
    In regards to your summer, it is good to enjoy with friends... congratulations. And talking about Charles... it sound interesting. I think his death may be related to his character: if he is a bad person he deserves something aweful, if he is kind, maybe an accident...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirlee
    Maybe if it is killed by a gambling debt or something, or if it does not die but disappeared for a while and then returns to make life impossible for Gillian and Luc? ja, ja, no, never mind. It was just an idea ... ha ha.

    Greetings from Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary: Sorry for not getting back to you right away. His death will be related to his character. Believe me, he is not a nice man. Can't wait to kill him :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ross: Hmmm. Great minds must think alike, because his death will be connected to a gambling debt...sort of. As for having him return -- no way, but not a bad idea. I just don't want to have to think of way to kill him all over again :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello again Shirlee.
    One question. Where I can get the covers of your earlier novels? all are beautiful, and I want to collect them. Thanks for any information. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, geez, Ross, I wish I had some good news for you, but I don't. The only way I know of you getting covers of earlier works is to find the books and horrors! Tear the covers off the book. Covers are so transitionary. They're here and then they're gone. Sorry, I'm not more help. Ta, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete